Welcome to Dr. Al's Lake Michigan Circle Tour

A few years ago I rode across the US on my bicycle.  I'm getting the itch to go back on the road.  In late August I plan to ride around Lake Michigan with my adventure buddy Tim.  We will leave from Grand Rapids and work our way counterclockwise.  The ride will take us through everything from rural and remote areas like Michigan's Upper Peninsula to urban areas like Milwaukee and Chicago.  


The route is about 1100 miles and we expect to be riding for about 2 weeks.  Riding across America was a 2 month tour and I found it was just too long to be away from family, especially grandkids.  This should be a much more manageable trip duration.  A highlight of the tour is going to be a stop in Green Bay over Labor Day weekend where I am going to watch the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame play football versus the Wisconsin Badgers at Lambeau Field!


Many folks loved following me when I did the cross country ride so I decided to create another blog for this ride.  Feel free to follow along if you'd like.  

One of my most important retirement gigs is acting as a Court Appointed Special Advocate in NH.  I've made a donation to CASA-NH through their GoFundMe page.  I would love it if you wish to make a donation to support CASA-NH's mission to help abused and neglected kids in New Hampshire.  Here is a link to the fundraising page.  Thanks for your support.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 - Muskegon to Ludington, MI

Day 0 - Drive to Grand Rapids